Wow, the year is flying by. So are the deadlines! Just kidding — I’m actually on pretty good track with all of my current projects. But things are only going to pick up again before they slow down.
On top of everything else, my husband and I joined one of those meal delivery services in an attempt to eat healthier and learn new skills. Since my social media has already been inflicted with a bunch of food pictures, it’s only fair to spread the love here.
- I completed my review and revisions to book 5, Steel Shadows! It took longer than I expected, until the day I tied myself to my kitchen island with a ton of tea and cranked through the last third.
- And off it went to the beta readers! I have a mix of readers in terms of how far they’ve read in the series so far, so I’m interested to read their final notes.
- I had a blast at my first Farpoint convention a few weeks ago and made some awesome new friends. You can read about my adventures and check out some cool cosplay in my Farpoint con report.
- My presentation at the Uniontown Library Series is coming up quick! Luckily, I found out the presentation part is significantly shorter than I thought it was. That means I’ve done literally nothing to prepare yet. (I’m too busy building LEGOs right now, honestly.)
February Book Reviews
- Intraterrestrial by Nicholas Conley (4 stars)
- Lights, Camera, Cupid! (Bluewater Bay #6) by Riptide Publishing (4 stars)
- The Deep of the Sound (Bluewater Bay #8) by Amy Lane (5 stars)
- ApocalyptiGirl: An Aria for the End Times by Andrew MacLean (3 stars)
- When to Hold Them (Bluewater Bay #9) by G.B. Gordon (4 stars)
- City Ash and Desert Bones by Laurel Myler (4 stars)
- Rain Shadow (Bluewater Bay #10) by L.A. Witt (4 stars)
February Speculative Chic Contributions
- Finish my current LEGO set! I’m finally working on my biggest set to date, the SHIELD Helicarrier from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Steel Empires work never ends. Now that book 5 is out of my hands for a few months, it’s time to do another round of proofing on book 4 and get it back to my editor.
- I need to put together my presentation on alternate history for the upcoming Uniontown Library Author Series.
- But before that, I’ll be heading to Ohio for one of my favorite annual conventions, Cleveland ConCoction!
- And finally, I have some beta reading of my own to do! Two projects due within the next month or so, but authors whose work I always enjoy. Definitely more of a pleasure than a chore.
Wow, that was a lot of movies in February. I think I’ve got even more lined up in March, considering I already saw Red Sparrow last night (review to come over at Speculative Chic this Tuesday).
2018 is shaping up to be a hell of a year! I’ve got my convention schedule pretty firmed up (note to self: Update events page at some point). To top everything off, the husband and I scheduled a Caribbean cruise this December. Definitely something to look forward to!