For the next stop on the Steel Blood blog tour, I couldn’t miss a visit with my internet doppelganger, author A.M. Justice! We share a love of world-building in our fantasy novels, so she asked me to write a bit about how the city of Limani came to be. A quick look:
But while the British settlements were funded by second and third children of the werewolf nobility, and the massive Roman plantations were supported by corporations led by wealthy Roman vampire lines, the Greek colonists embodied the nature of their origins. These disparate colonists, from multiple Greek cities, maintained the ideals of equality and democracy that linked their alliance back in Europa. The major factor in their favor was that a larger proportion than expected of the original group of colonists consisted of mages from every elemental faction. These were mages schooled in the Greek magical academies held in esteem throughout Europa, looking for adventure and new beginnings.
And it was what saved Limani, in the end.
Go check out the blog post for the full story, and don’t forget to poke around the site while you’re there! A.M. writes amazing epic fantasy with just a touch of intriguing science-fiction thrown in to keep readers on their toes.
Tomorrow, I’ll share some of my favorite and most influential urban fantasy authors with author Sara Dobie Bauer!
As expected, someone left a toothbrush behind before we started the road trip (we’ll blame the gray cat currently purring in my lap, trying to look innocent). So, we had to swing back around to Speculative Chic for a book spotlight and short interview.
Thanks so much to everyone who spread the word on social media today, sharing links and even pictures of the books they’re preordered. I’d like to add a special thanks Breeanna Pierce and Jamaila Brinkley for also taking the time to spotlight Steel Blood on their blogs today. Writer friends are the best!
And finally, I wrapped up an awesome book birthday with a sushi dinner with my amazing husband, who dressed for the occasion. There’s even a nod to my favorite sushi restaurant in the book!
(Not shown: Copious amounts of hot tea and delicious green tea ice cream.)
Join me tomorrow for the next stop on the blog tour as we learn about the history of Limani at the blog of author A.M. Justice!
Happy book birthday to the third book in the Steel Empires series! Steel Blood features the continuing adventures of Victory and Mikelos, who couldn’t quite manage to stay safe at home while their kids were off having adventures in Steel Magic.
Today, the book is now officially available in hardcopy and ebook form from the following retailers:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Raw Dog Screaming Press
ABOUT THE BOOK
As her children begin lives of their own, Victory struggles with the loneliness of an empty nest. Just when the city of Limani could not seem smaller, an old friend requests that she come out of retirement for one final mercenary contract—to bodyguard his granddaughter, a princess of the Qin Empire.
For the first time in a century, the Qin and British Empires are reopening diplomatic relations. Alongside the British delegation, Victory and her daywalker Mikelos arrive in the Qin colony city of Jiang Yi Yue. As the Qin weredragons and British werewolves take careful steps toward a lasting peace between their people, a connection between the Qin princess and a British nobleman throw everyone’s plans in disarray.
Meanwhile, a third faction stalks the city under the cover of darkness.
This is not a typical romance. It’s a good thing Victory is not a typical vampire.
For stop #3 of the Steel Blood blog tour, I’m happy to feature an excerpt from the book itself. How does Victory get roped into her first mercenary contract in almost a hundred years? Read on to find out! Continue reading
For day 2 of the Steel Blood blog tour, I visited the Raw Dog Screaming Press blog for the first annual State of the Empires! Here’s a short excerpt:
In the past few months, since the official announcement of Steel Blood, people keep congratulating me on finishing my book trilogy. While many fantasy series do typically come in the three-story arc, I’ve got good news for you, kids.
The Steel Empires series is far from over.
Check out the post to learn more about what writing a regularly published series involves, and get some clues about what’s coming up next. Meanwhile, don’t forget that this is the last day to pre-order your copy of Steel Blood. It comes out tomorrow! (I have already informed my husband that he is treating me to celebratory sushi.)
Just us tomorrow, here at my own blog, for a short excerpt from the beginning of the book!
On stop #1 of the Steel Blood blog tour, head over to my second home on the internet, Speculative Chic, to learn about some of my very favorite things.
Here’s a sneak peak:
Traditional space ships are cool and all, but there’s just something more magical and special about a strange blue box. Though I am equally enamored with the Stargate’s mode of travel (and occasional time travel), it’s the TARDIS that I have taken to collecting with a passion. Whether it’s artwork, jewelry, t-shirts, or random extraneous items (yes, I do have a TARDIS mini fridge), it’s the nerdiest thing that has taken over my house.
Besides the TARDIS, what else do I consider my favorite things? Stop by to find out!
Join us tomorrow at the Raw Dog Screaming Press blog for the First Annual State of the Empires!
Next week is the big week! To celebrate the launch of Steel Empires Book 3: Steel Blood, I’ve organized an awesome tour through the Internet with blog posts, author and character interviews, and short excerpts from the new book. Below is the official schedule, and I hope you pack a snack and join me for the ride.
- Monday, July 17: Learn about some of my very favorite things at Speculative Chic
- Tuesday, July 18: The First Annual State of the Empires Speech, er, post at Raw Dog Screaming Press
- Wednesday, July 19: Book launch day! We’re stopping off at home for a short excerpt from Steel Blood, then running back to Speculative Chic to pick up anything we forgot before everyone piled into the car.
- Thursday, July 20: Learn about the history of Limani with author A.M. Justice
- Friday, July 21: Find out who my “top 5” urban fantasy authors are with author Sara Dobie Bauer
- Saturday, July 22: How do my “strong female characters” break the mold while staying true to their urban fantasy roots? With author Rhonda Mason
- Sunday, July 23: My favorite game master interviews me about how gaming inspires my writing over at the Tower of the Archmage
- Monday, July 24: Victory gets her time to shine in an interview with fellow RDSP authors Lee Murray and Dan Rabarts
- Tuesday, July 25: Author Jennifer Brozek asked me to “Tell Me” something cool, so I did my best to oblige
- Wednesday, July 26: I dropped by author Anna Zabo‘s home on the web to share another excerpt from Steel Blood
- Thursday, July 27: I write about how my “monsters” are people too for fellow RDSP author Maria Alexander
- Friday, July 28: Author Jacob Baugher interviews this crazy author on his blog
- Saturday, July 29: I talk about how my supernatural characters differ from common tropes in the genre with author Jennifer Loring
- Sunday, July 30: And we round everything up with a final excerpt with author Weston Kincade!