This month slipped away from me pretty fast, like the rest of this summer has, since time has basically ceased to have all meaning. I’m still working from home full-time, I’m still doing a lot of reading, and I’ve done some solid work on book 7 that I’m pleased with.
All travel plans through the rest of 2020 are officially canceled (as they should be). Especially if you are the United States, please keep wearing masks and socially distancing and staying as safe and healthy as possible. Even though 2021 feels far away, I’d love to reconnect with fans and other friends in the SF/F community at in-person conventions again.
Not going to lie: A lot of my time this past month has been spent being COMPLETELY OBSESSED with a movie on Netflix called The Old Guard. Fans of my books should definitely check it out: immortality! swords! women being awesome! canon queer characters! I haven’t fallen down the rabbit hole of loving something this much since Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Some fanfic may have been written. No, I will not share the link. (Don’t worry, the spouse yells “Book seven!” at me on a regular basis in some sort of attempt to keep my priorities in order.) Anyway, check it out and come geek out with me about it on social media.
- The detailed book 7 outline is about 85% complete. (Don’t look at me like that; I have two days left in the month from the time when I am prepping this post.)
- I’m trying to stay healthy. Mostly I am itchy. It’s a long story.
- Send my detailed book 7 outline to some friends for review — I want to make sure that I do justice to the end of my series.
- Write at least 5k to 10k words of the beginning of the book.
- Probably watch The Old Guard a couple more times. (This is such a strange year that I feel like this is not an unreasonable goal to add.)
In Case You Missed It
- Arranging Paradise Series by L. Rowyn
- A Rational Arrangement (Arranging Paradise #1) (4 stars)
- Further Arrangements (Arranging Paradise #2) (4 stars)
- Behind These Doors (Radical Proposals #1) by Jude Lucens (5 stars)
- The Threefold Tie by Aster Glenn Gray (5 stars)
- Comes in Threes Series by Elia Winters
- Just Past Two (Comes in Threes #2) (5 stars)
- Three For All (Comes in Threes #3) (4 stars)
- It’s Complicated Series by Brill Harper
- All Together (It’s Complicated #1) (5 stars)
- All At Once (It’s Complicated #2) (2 stars)
- Demons’ Muse Series by Auryn Hadley
- The Kiss of Death (Demons’ Muse #1) (4 stars)
- For Love of Evil (Demons’ Muse #2) (4 stars)
- The Sins of Desire (Demons’ Muse #3) (4 stars)
- The Lure of the Devil (Demons’ Muse #4) (5 stars)
- The Wrath of Angels (Demons’ Muse #5) (4.5 stars)
- Secrets of Charlotte Street Series by Scarlett Peckham
- The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street #1) (5 stars)
- The Earl I Ruined (Secrets of Charlotte Street #2) (5 stars)
- The Lord I Left (Secrets of Charlotte Street #3) (5 stars)
- Two Rogues Make a Right (Seducing the Sedgwicks #3) by Cat Sebastian (5 stars)
- Slices of Pi Series by Elia Winters
- Even Odds (Slices of Pi #1) (4 stars)
- Tied Score (Slices of Pi #2) (5 stars)
- Single Player (Slices of Pi #3) (5 stars)
- Unholy Trifecta Series by A.J. Sherwood
- How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1) (5 stars)
- How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2) (4.5 stars)
- Dark Orchid Trilogy by Auryn Hadley
- Power of Lies (Dark Orchid #1) (5 stars)
- Magic of Lust (Dark Orchid #2) (5 stars)
- Spell of Love (Dark Orchid #3) (5 stars)
- Horns, Hugs, and Hunger (Gods & Demons #3) by Kaye Draper (3.5 stars)
On the Website