I’m totally having that weird feeling of having accomplished so much in the past month while also doing not much of anything at all. Take a look below and let me know where you think I fall on that spectrum.
Currently reading: A Wind in the Door (Time Quintet #2) by Madeleine L’Engle
Currently watching: Catching up on various DVRed shows and looking for a light-hearted series to watch (give me suggestions in the comments!)
- I’m about 3/4 done with the beta read I’m working on, and very much looking forward to finding out how it ends.
- The future of the Steel Empires series is basically to continue writing more of the series. However, I’m going to be involved in a really cool project to celebrate my publishing company, and I can’t wait to start sharing the details of that.
- Both of my work trips to New York City and Arlington were incredibly educational and awesome. Part of what I love about my day job is that I get to work on topics that I’m passionate about. As an added bonus, I spent last weekend on the beach with some good friends. So, a month heavy with travel, but I enjoyed every moment of it.
April Book Reviews
- No Small Parts (Bluewater Bay #16) by Ally Blue (3 stars)
- For a Good Time, Call… (Bluewater Bay #17) by Anne Tenino & E.J. Russell (4 stars)
- All Saints (Murder Ballads & Whiskey #4) by Jason Jack Miller (5 stars)
- All Wheel Drive (Bluewater Bay #18) by Z.A. Maxfield (5 stars)
- Get a Grip (Bluewater Bay #19) by L.A. Witt (4 stars)
- Three Player Game (Bluewater Bay #20) by Jaime Samms (5 stars)
- Operation Green Card (Bluewater Bay #21) by G.B. Gordon (4 stars)
- New Hand (Bluewater Bay #23) by L.A. Witt (4 stars)
- Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs Aliens edited by Patricia Bray & Joshua Palmatier (4 stars)
- The Billionaire Bad Boys Club (The Billionaires #1) by Emma Holly (4 stars)
- Beck & Call (The Billionaires #2) by Emma Holly (5 stars)
April Speculative Chic Contributions
- A slightly less busy travel month, and this time it’s all for the fiction writing! First up, I’ll be signing books as part of the Women Writing Mysterious Worlds event at Cupboard Maker Books on Saturday, May 5 from 1 to 3 PM. Come say hi if you’re local to the Enola, Pennsylvania, area!
- At the end of the month, I’ll be returning to Balticon in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor over Memorial Day weekend! I’m not sure what my full schedule is yet, but I’ll definitely be reprising my Alternate History presentation, which you should definitely come check out and see how nerdy I get.
- On the home front, I have some research books to review in preparation to write the as yet untitled sixth book in the Steel Empires series.
- Meanwhile, I have to get the final edits on book 4, Steel Time, back to my editor…
- And make revisions to book 6, Steel Shadows, now that I’ve gotten reviews back from most of my amazing beta readers!
- I also need to finish the book I’m beta reading, and complete a shorter critique for another friend.
- Finally, I’ll be copy-editing a book currently in production that I’ve been dying to read for literally years.
I love my life. Busy as hell, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
And on the plus side, the weather is FINALLY getting warmer here in Maryland! Editing is much nicer when completed with windows open, and even sitting outside.
One thought on “April Wrap-Up & May Goals”
Sounds productive 😊👍