I had a very good, low-key January that also included some major news and accomplishments. First of all, I’m excited to announce that Steel Empires #3: Steel Blood will be released July 2017 from Raw Dog Screaming Press, along with a full slate of other amazing books. Want to know what Victory has been up to during the events of Steel Magic, while Toria and Kane have been mucking things up in Europa? My tag line for the next one is “Romeo and Juliet with werewolves and weredragons…with bonus feminism.” Who in their right mind cast Victory as Nurse? Oh…that’d be me.
- The other good news: I finished the first draft of Steel Time! It clocked it an an astounding 105,951 words, which is waaaaaaay over my publisher’s word limit. Lots of work still to be done.
- Because it’s so long, I’m still working on the first round of revisions before I can send it to my beta readers. I’m about halfway done, and it’s already down to 99,927 words.
- On the plus side, I’ve been getting some reading done and I’m keeping up to date on my book reviews!
January Book Reviews:
- A Descriptive Account of the Building Recently Erected for the Departments of Natural History of the United States National Museum by Richard Rathbun (5 stars)
- Tempest edited by Mercedes Lackey (4 stars)
- Lies, Damned Lies, and History (Chronicles of St. Mary’s #7) by Jodi Taylor (5 stars)
Currently reading: A Theft of Magic (Fay of Skye #2) by Cara McKinnon
January Speculative Chic Contributions:
- Resolution Project 2017
- Sound Off! Hidden Figures
- Looking a Gift Horse in the Mouth: Doctor Who and Sense8 Christmas Specials
- Roundtable: My First Fandom
- My Favorite Things: Epic Space Opera, Quirky Humor, and Time Travel TV
- Finish the first revision pass of Steel Time and send it off to my beta readers.
- February 11, 2016: Book signing at AWP in Washington, DC, at the Raw Dog Screaming Press/Anti-Oedipus Press book (1-3 pm)
- Start working on promotion for Steel Blood, including searching for book reviewers interested in an advanced electronic copy. Are you one? Drop me a line.