I just got home from another fantastic visit to Seton Hill University for the annual In Your Write Mind workshop. I had a blast. I’m exhausted. Let’s do this.
In case you missed it, the cover reveal for Steel Shadows (Steel Empires #5) was announced this month! Isn’t it beautiful? Pre-orders are now available, and the book will be released on August 8, 2019.
- I had some great writing dates this month where I started from the beginning of the first draft of Steel Justice (book 6) to try to identify where things needed to be revised to accomplish the ending I want. Words weren’t necessarily added, but progress was made. I am pleased.
- As stated above, I attended the In Your Write Mind workshop where I sat on panels, presented a class, and spend much-needed time with my writing family. My con report of the event will go live on Wednesday, July 3, here on the blog.
June Book Reviews
- The Contract by Margot Rose (4 stars)
- Can’t Escape Love (Reluctant Royals #3.5) by Alyssa Cole (5 stars)
- “Mr. Gold” by Margot Rose (4 stars)
- Persepolis Rising (The Expanse #7) by James S.A. Corey (5 stars)
- “Into the Darkness” (Taine McKenna Adventures #1.5) by Lee Murray (5 stars)
- The Star of Anatolia (The Galipp Files #1) by Jamaila Brinkley (4 stars)
- Not Quite Perfect (Rocky Cove #1) by Rebecca Norinne (4 stars)
- The Vintner’s Vixen (River Hill #1) by Rebecca Norinne & Jamaila Brinkley (5 stars)
- Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels #4.5) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
- Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin #8) by Jordan L. Hawk (5 stars)
June Speculative Chic Contributions
- Sound Off! Godzilla: King of the Monsters
- Sound Off! Dark Phoenix
- Roundtable: Speculative Beach Reading
- Sound Off! Men in Black: International
- Steel Shadows Cover Reveal
- Her Own Spots: Reviewing Gunmetal Magic
- Finish my review/re-read of Steel Justice and send what’s written over to a beta reader who has agreed to help me troubleshoot the issues I’m having.
- Read the first two-thirds of a manuscript that said beta reader is having issues with herself and return suggestions.
- Finish writing the three or four scenes I have left on Steel Justice.
- Submit review copies of Steel Shadows to potential reviewers and prep blog posts for official launch.
- Prep for an in-person book launch party, because five published novels is pretty awesome and deserves a shindig! (Details to come.)
- Travel to Chicago for a work conference.