I’m feeling pretty positive about how this month turned out, even if (as usual, these days) I did not accomplish all my goals. I did get to spend lots of time with awesome people and read cool books, which also have to be priorities in life. A person cannot always “exhale” productivity; sometimes you have to breath in life to replenish the reservoir.
- The final copy-edit of Steel Shadows was completed and returned to my editor for layout! I’m so excited about this book. I say this about every project, but this one is completely different from anything I’ve written before.
- I only wrote about 10k words for Steel Justice rather than 20k, but I did get to the scenes for the grand finale and figured out that I need to seriously beef up a subplot.
- I had a great time at Cleveland Concoction at the beginning of the month! You can check out my full con report here.
- I also had a fabulous weekend at Bethany Beach with a bunch of romance writer friends and a successful day job trip to Providence, Rhode Island, for an editing conference. I love how my network of writer friends is so expansive that I got to spend quality time with lovely ladies during each trip: Cara McKinnon and K. Parr.
March Book Reviews
- Abaddon’s Gate (The Expanse #3) by James S.A. Corey (5 stars)
- Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin #4) by Jordan L. Hawk (5 stars)
- Invincible (Volumes 16-18) by Robert Kirkman & Ryan Ottley (4 stars)
- Into the Ashes (Taine McKenna Adventures #3) by Lee Murray (4.5 stars)
- Cibola Burn (The Expanse #4) by James S.A. Corey (4 stars)
- Escaping Mortality (Escape #3) by Sara Dobie Bauer (5 stars)
- “A Questionable Client” (Kate Daniels #0.5) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
- “And Now For Something Completely Different” (Chronicles of St. Mary’s short story) by Jodi Taylor (5 stars)
- Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin #5) by Jordan L. Hawk (5 stars)
- Nemesis Games (The Expanse #5) by James S.A. Corey (5 stars)
March Speculative Chic Contributions
- Write the back cover blurb for Steel Shadows.
- Make progress on Steel Justice. What does that mean? I don’t even know anymore. We can all be surprised.
- Catch up on book reviews! I’m currently almost 10 reviews behind, because I’ve been reading faster than I spend time at my computer.
- My travel this month includes a quick weekend trip to Atlanta, Georgia, for a good friend’s wedding.
- I’ll also be spending a few days in Washington DC for a very cool healthcare conference on behalf of the day job.
What are you up to this month? I’m definitely excited for warmer weather. I have too many adorable geeky t-shirts to hide them under sweaters.