I’m very excited to attend World Fantasy this year! It’s in Baltimore, so I really have no excuse not to be there. I think it’ll be a great opportunity for me to start meeting agents BEFORE I have a novel to pitch to them (the UFO book, which gets written in 2020!), so it will be a more relaxed atmosphere for everyone involved.
As an added bonus, I’ll get to see so many writer friends from my grad school tribe and beyond, and I’m even on programming!
- Thursday, 2 PM: Working with Editors
- Workshop with limited space available
- A broad discussion about editor interactions regarding short fiction and novels, including hiring developmental editors, finding sensitivity readers, submitting short fiction to magazines, sending queries for a novel to agents or publishers, and handling rewrites and line-edits. Plus a Q&A session with leading editors in the speculative fiction field today.
- With Scott H. Andrews, Beneath Ceaseless Skies magazine
- Friday, 11 AM: Writing as Sanctuary
- Panel: How does the art and/or exercise of writing provide sanctuary from the world. Can writing take you away from the external or is that always carried through to your work? #SanctuaryWriting
- With Jacob Baugher, J.D. Blackrose, J.L. Gribble, Anna La Voie (M), and K. Ceres Wright
- Friday, 8 PM: Mass Author Signing
- Saturday, 10 PM: Broad Universe Rapid Fire Reading
- Sunday, 11:30 AM: Individual Author Reading
I’m staying at the hotel in Baltimore, so I’ll be around all weekend if you want to hang out and chat or grab a meal/coffee/adult beverage. As usual, the best way to reach me during a convention is through a Facebook message or Twitter DM.