My husband and I are home safe from our amazing vacation. We spent a great 10 days aboard Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas, which sailed out of Baltimore to tool around the Caribbean for a few days. The time was well-spent relaxing and recharging and just spending some quality time together before the husband leaves for 5 months of training in May.
Though I brought my computer along, I wrote a whopping 250 words. But as you can see by the above picture, I was never without a book to read. (After about a week, one guy would shout “The reader!” every time we crossed paths. He was not intoxicated each time, but still found himself to be hilarious.) I tore through the trilogy that a television show I’m enjoying is based on, caught up on stories by a few favorites, introduced myself to a new author, and goaded my husband into reading his Star Trek books faster.
My final reading tally, in no particular order:
- 9 novels
- The Magicians (The Magicians Trilogy #1), by Lev Grossman
- The Magician King (The Magicians Trilogy #2), by Lev Grossman
- The Magician’s Land (The Magicians Trilogy #3), by Lev Grossman
- A Choice of Futures (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1), by Christopher L. Bennett
- Tower of Babel (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #2), by Christopher L. Bennett
- Uncertain Logic (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #3), by Christopher L. Bennett
- Live By the Code (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #4), by Christopher L. Bennett
- Blood Red (Elemental Masters #9), by Mercedes Lackey
- Notes of Temptation (Hollywood Jazz #1), by Rebecca Halsey
- 3 novellas
- 1 short story collection
- Small Magics, by Ilona Andrews
Tomorrow, it’s back to the real world–including the first day at my new job! Check back regularly as I post reviews of the books listed above.
Currently reading: Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2), by Ilona Andrews (37%)