I think I’m coming down with something, so obviously, the answer is to ignore it and power through, right? We’ll see what wins, my to-do list or my motivation!
Do you use to-do lists? How do you keep track of your goals? About 6 months ago, acting on inspiration from a fellow author, I expanded from my daily paper list to include monthly goals using online Trello boards. This has been amazing for keeping track of progress on larger-scale projects and knocking them into bite-sized chunks that are easier to include in the delicate balancing act I have between tasks for the day job, tasks that I need to complete on my computer, and chores I need to do around the house.
Does this mean I get everything done? Ha! One day, my enthusiasm will not outpace my abilities. January 2023 was not that day.
- My Steel Legacy revisions are SO CLOSE to being done. I can practically taste it. (It tastes like freedom and macarons.)
- Though I’ve prioritized finishing Steel Legacy over adding words to Earth & Water, I did add some words to that this month!
- This wasn’t on the list last month, since I didn’t know about it until after January began, but I accomplished phase 1 of a potential Secret Project! More to come as information becomes available.
- More of the same, alas. But seriously, I will treat myself to some macarons if I get Steel Legacy off to my editor this month. And maybe some LEGO. (I will not eat the LEGO.)
- Reach the halfway point on draft 1 of Earth & Water. I miss my boys!
- I’m not attending very many conventions in 2023, but I can’t pass up one of my local favorites, Farpoint in Baltimore, Maryland! My schedule will be posted soon, but I’ll definitely be there all 3 days (February 10-12).
- Cross my fingers about Secret Project phase 2!
In Case You Missed It
Around the Internet
- Shepherd.com: “The best books that blend fantasy and alternate history”
- Destination Research: Israel
On the Website
- Snakebites (Irons and Works #9) by E.M. Lindsey
- Sins That Find Us (Madly Ever After #1) by E.M. Lindsey
- Uprooted (Florae #1) by Erica Montrose
- Everything’s Changing by Chelsea Stickle
- Forgive Me Father (Rebel Kings MC #3) by Garrett Leigh
- One for the Road by Kate Hawthorne | RECOMMENDED
- Shadowfall (Immortals Descending #2) by Iris Foxglove | RECOMMENDED
- Apex Predator (The Game #11) by Cara Dee
- Sins That Bind Us (Madly Ever After #2) by E.M. Lindsey
- Third Time Lucky by Aurora Crane
- The Trouble With Trying to Love a Hellion (Murder Sprees & Mute Decrees #3) by Jennifer Cody
- Devil May Care (Reckless Damned #2) by Lark Taylor