So much reading! So much traveling! So little writing!
Don’t look at me like that. You’re not shocked either.
- My progress toward Steel Justice this month was super nebulous, but I did figure out where my hang-up was. There is a plan in place toward overcoming it, and I’m cautiously optimistic.
- I had a fantastic time at StokerCon 2019 with some amazing and lovely horror writers. You can check out my con report of that event.
- And as usual, this year’s Balticon was also a blast. My con report for that event is also up.
- I wrapped up the month with an overnight to New York City for the day job, where I can neither confirm nor deny a visit to the Sanctum Sanctorum.
May Book Reviews
- Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews (4 stars)
- “A Lord to Love” by Sara Dobie Bauer (5 stars)
- The Horse Mistress: Book 4 (Eburosi Chronicles #4) by R.A. Steffan (5 stars)
- Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
- Noelle by Night (Dommes by Night #3) by Rachell Nichole (5 stars)
- The Lion Mistress (Eburosi Chronicles #5-#7) by R.A. Steffan (5 stars)
- Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels #3.5) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
- The Dragon Mistress: Book 1 (Eburosi Chronicles #8) by R.A. Steffan (5 stars)
- The Dragon Mistress: Book 2 (Eburosi Chronicles #9) by R.A. Steffan (5 stars)
May Speculative Chic Contributions
- Sound Off! Avengers: Endgame
- Thank You For Calling Cutting Edge Investigations: Reviewing Magic Slays
- Sound Off! Pokemon Detective Pikachu
- Sound Off! John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum
- Progress on Steel Justice, which includes some planned writing dates.
- Attend the annual In Your Write Mind writers workshop at Seton Hill University.
It looks like a light month, but I have lots of other commitments sprinkled in there. It’s a good thing its summertime, because a new Mexican grill opened up in walking distance from my house. I’m excited for writing dates with myself and a large margarita in their lovely outside seating area.