Every once in a while, I’m totally allowed to have a month where I not only complete EVERYTHING on my list of goals, but also exceed it! (Mostly because sometimes I forget things when I’m writing up the list of goals, but I’m going to take the win anyway.)
- Steel Time was officially submitted to my editor this month! (Wow, it already feels like it was ages ago.) The LEGO Snowspeeder was completed in celebration.
- The epic Steel Blood blog tour has been coordinated and scheduled, barring a final confirmation for one stop (he knows who he is). Events will kick off on Monday, July 17 and go non-stop until July 30. I’m excited to share this book with everyone in so many cool ways (guest posts, character interviews, author interviews, and excerpts).
- And this past weekend (which was technically July) (shhhh), I finally completed the scene-by-scene outline of book 5! I think I’ve settled on the name Steel Shadows for this one.
And for the stuff I totally forgot to put on my list:
- I attended the 2017 In Your Write Mind writer’s conference at Seton Hill University (con report here).
- Speaking of con reports, I finally added some supplemental indexes to my website so that you can more easily find the following things:
June Book Reviews
- And the Rest is History (Chronicles of St. Mary’s #8) by Jodi Taylor (5 stars)
- Bite Somebody Else (Bite Somebody #2) by Sara Dobie Bauer (5 stars)
- Genrenauts (Season #1) by Michael R. Underwood (4 stars)
- Magic Binds (Kate Daniels #9) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
- White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
June Speculative Chic Contributions
- It’s book writing season at Casa Siamese again! My goal this month is 15k words on Steel Shadows.
- Write the posts for and pull off the epic Steel Blood blog tour.
- Organize and host some sort of local launch party for Steel Blood.
See, it freaks me out now when my goals list is so short. But I’ve checked my calendar, and I’m not traveling until August. So maybe this really is all I have to do.
Trust me, I’m not complaining!
Currently reading: Nevermore (Supernatural #1) by Keith R. A. DeCandido
Currently writing: 0/15k words