Whew, this month flew by (and not just because February is a short month). While things continue to be rough and stressful in the larger scheme of things, I’m pleased with what I accomplished in my own small corner of the world, and I’m looking forward to whatever is next.
I’d also like to take a quick moment to thank all of you. I have no way to tell how many of the subscribers to this blog are here because they are fans of my writing, here to follow my book reviews and my support of other authors, or both. Earlier this month I did a two-part holiday special, giving some details and background info on two of the romantic pairings in my books. I held my breath in case of negative feedback in the case of Kane and Archer — but absolutely none came! Thank you for being awesome, being accepting, and loving my guys as much as I do.
Okay, enough mushy stuff. Let’s get to work.
- Book 4, Steel Time, is off to the beta readers! I whittled it down to 96k words, and I have faith that they will help me make it even better. One of them apparently read it within 2 days of getting the file, and that’s already the best sort of praise!
- I hung out at AWP in Washington, DC, and had a blast meeting readers and other writers. You can catch up with my con report.
- Because book 4 revisions took so much longer than expected, I haven’t done any major marketing for book 3, Steel Blood, yet, other than to line up some potential spots on a blog tour this summer.
February Book Reviews:
- A Theft of Magic (Fay of Skye #2) by Cara McKinnon (5 stars)
- “When A Child is Born” (Chronicles of St. Mary’s #2.5) by Jodi Taylor (5 stars)
- “28 Teeth Later” (a Prison Dad short) by Cristin Kist & Jeffrey Gritman (3 stars)
- The Eighth by Stephanie M. Wytovich (4 stars)
February Speculative Chic Contributions:
- Roundtable: Favorite Love Stories
- Sound Off! The LEGO Batman Movie
- My Favorite Things: Suburban Zombies, Creepy Video Games, Feminist Sci-Fi, and More Love for The Good Place
- I finally acquired a copy of Scrivener and I’d like to use it to best effect while writing book 5 this year. This month I’m going to explore the program and use it to write a short story about Archer that’s been in the back of my mind since I finished Steel Magic.
- I will be attending Cleveland Concoction (March 10-12), where I’ll be on panels and doing a reading and signing.
- Continue marketing and promoting Steel Blood!