What a whirlwind of a month, filled with emotional highs and lows!
- The Steel Magic book launch went really well, and I think the book had a great reception where I talked about it online and in person. Thank you to everyone who helped spread the word and promote my second novel. Book 2 of the Steel Empires series, which features the continued adventures of warrior-mages Toria and Kane, is available in both print and ebook form. (The Steel Victory ebook is still 99 cents if you need to catch up first.)
- My meandering blog tour around the interwebs also did a lot of help promote my new novel, and I thank all of the authors who hosted me!
- I had a blast at my book release party at East City Bookshop in Washington, DC! You can check out my recap or one from my publisher.
- While I will continue to promote Steel Magic, writing a series means always looking forward. I’m pleased to announce that book 3, tentatively titled Steel Blood, is currently with my editor for review.
- My other major event this month was Confluence, a great convention in Pittsburgh. I posted my con report last night if you missed it.
- In all the excitement, I someone managed to
forget avoidnot write any book reviews this month. Oops.
- And because of the aforementioned emotional highs and lows, Camp NaNoWriMo was a bust. A spectacular 0 words written on book 4 despite every good intention. On the other hand…
- I critiqued almost 20k words for a the Confluence writer’s workshop. And I also proofread an upcoming novel for my publisher. Look for me to squee more about that book soon, because it was amazing!
- Book 4 needs to be written! Let’s shoot for 15k to 20k words this month.
- Book reviews also need to be written! I currently have 8 in the queue.
- Fulfill my contributor commitments to an awesome new fanzine, Speculative Chic. (Which you should definitely check out if you haven’t yet! We are officially live this week.)
- I literally can’t think of anything else. I have no events planned. I guess I could focus on blogging this month, since I have a list of ideas that I haven’t gotten to yet. Let me know if there’s anything you really want my take on!
I imagine that this month will also be filled with lots of Pokemon Go. My office is near the water, so as you can see above, I have magikarp coming out my ears. Now I need to find some eevees!