I’m not going to lie: This month has been really busy and kind of rough. I’m satisfied with my progress on some things, and not as happy with others. Unfortunately, June is looking like more of the same.
- The Steel Magic cover reveal happened, to great success! A great group of people came together and featured me across both blogs and social media. I’m incredibly thankful for all the help, and it was great to how excited people are for my second book.
- I also had a great time at the Dog Star Books reading and signing at Bluejacket Books in Dayton, Ohio, with fellow authors K.W. Taylor and Matt Betts.
- I finished the scene-by-scene outline for book 4, Steel Time, but have not yet had a chance to do any research, because…
- I’m not yet done with book 3 edits! I’m about halfway through the substantive revisions needed for Steel Blood.
- But I still managed to get some reviews of great books done!
- Notes of Temptation by Rebecca Halsey
- The Curiosity Killers by K.W. Taylor
- Break Through the Ice by Rachell Nichole
- A Choice of Futures (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1) by Christopher L. Bennett
- Tower of Babel (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #2) by Christopher L. Bennett
- Uncertain Logic (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #3) by Christopher L. Bennett
- Live By the Code (Star Trek Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #4) by Christopher L. Bennett
- Finish substantive and line edits for Steel Blood and submit to my publisher.
- Start research on Steel Time.
- Start drafting Steel Time! I’d like to get 20k words done, but I will be happy with 10k.
- Participate in Seton Hill University’s In Your Write Mind retreat, which will include moderating a panel discussion on freelance editing and participating in the mass book signing (where advance copies of Steel Magic will be available).
- Book reviews! (I currently have 9 waiting on reviews.)
- And finally…
Well, this last one isn’t a goal so much as a lifestyle decision. Part of the reason June (through October) is going to be pretty rough on me is because it’s just me and the cats for a bit. My husband is away for military training in his new career field. Before you feel too sorry for me, this is significantly better than a deployment, because he’s only one time zone away and I already have multiple trips planned to visit him! However, I know that I will have to be extra dedicated to working out regularly (for both my physical and mental health) and not sliding into bad eating habits (because I already hate cooking, and cooking for one is even worse).
On that note, I’m off to do a few miles around the lake near my house. Wish me luck!