What a roller coaster of a month!
- Vacation successful and new job started! I’m three weeks in and enjoying myself immensely. I’m doing a very different sort of editing, along with a bunch of other interesting projects. My small team is great, and I love the area of Baltimore that my new office is in.
- I finally got cranking on the Steel Time scene-by-scene outline this weekend and have just the climax left to do!
- I received a full review of Steel Blood from one of my favorite beta readers, but haven’t gotten a chance to dive into his notes yet because I got distracted by another major project, which was…
- Doing a last major publicity push for Steel Victory before Steel Magic is released this summer. Over the course of the last week, I put together a database of close to 100 book review bloggers and submitted Steel Victory for consideration to everyone who was currently accepting (between 60 and 70). So far I have sent out 16 review copies! If you are also a book review blogger interested in reviewing Steel Victory within the next few months, please drop me a line!
- I only poked at the prequel story edits a bit on the cruise, but nothing substantial. Because there have been so many changes with Amazon self-publishing lately, I’m no longer in a big hurry to get those ready.
- Book reviews! I’m down to a backlog of 11 books. Here’s what I was able to post after the cruise this month:
- Steampunk World, edited by Sarah Hans
- Third Path (Stargate Atlantis), by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham
- Crucible, edited by Mercedes Lackey
- Magic Shifts, by Ilona Andrews
- Blood Red, by Mercedes Lackey
- The Magicians, by Lev Grossman
- The Magician King, by Lev Grossman
- The Magician’s Land, by Lev Grossman
- Steel Magic cover reveal! This is coming soon, so let me know if you’d like to participate.
- Dog Star Books book-signing in Dayton, Ohio, later this month (Saturday, May 28)! The link goes to the Facebook event page for more details. I’ll be joining Matt Betts and K.W. Taylor for a few hours of discussion on science-fiction and fantasy, including readings and time for Q&A.
- Finish the Steel Time outline and do all the research I’ll need in preparation for writing. More on that later this week.
- Steel Blood edits.
- Book reviews!
What are you all up to in the next few weeks?
Currently reading: Frost Burn by K.T. Munson and Nichelle Rae