For the second summer in a row, I am sadly missing my pilgrimage to Seton Hill University, where I got my MA in Writing Popular Fiction, to connect with old friends and new for the In Your Write Mind workshop. This year, luckily, I will get a taste of the fun by participating in the virtual event the organizers have put together instead. It won’t be the same as hanging out on campus, dressing up for the annual costume ball, and staying up way too late with fellow writers, but this does give anyone interested a chance to get a taste of this amazing event from the comfort of their home.
Register for IYWM here and join in on the fun! This event is hosted by AllAccessCon and will run from Thursday, July 8, to Sunday, July 11. You can sign up for the full conference or individual days. Here’s where you can find me:
I was part of two previously recorded panels that you can’t watch at your convenience. Don’t hesitate to reach out via social media if you want to chat further about anything we discussed!
- World Building
- With Cathy Oswald (moderator), Kristopher Campa, and Anna LaVoie
- About Editing
- With Anna LaVoie (moderator), Deanna Sjolander, and Virginia Nelson
- Creating Stories by Changing the Past: Alternate History (12 PM Eastern)
- Join author and editor J.L. Gribble for an interactive presentation on alternate history story-telling. This workshop is geared toward both readers and writers in all genres who are either curious about the genre or looking for inspiration on how to develop their own stories and worlds.
- Writing the Military (1 PM Eastern)
- Military members and their families often appear as characters in stories, with the military playing at least a small role in the plot or back story. But how often are these portrayals realistic? How often are they downright offensive? In this panel, we’ll discuss and take questions about what military life is really like, how the military actually works, and offer tips on how to identify story conflicts that are organic to the military lifestyle.
- With K.L. Grady (moderator), Alex Savage, and Bill Huff
I will also be available on Saturday evening for the virtual book signing to chat about my books, writing in general, or anything else your heart desires. Hope to see you there!