We are officially at two months in a row where I manage to accomplish everything on my list of goals (sort of). Obviously the biggest accomplishment this month was the publication and launch of my third novel, book 3 in the Steel Empires series. If you haven’t yet gotten your copy of Steel Blood, it’s available here:
If you have a copy, awesome! I really hope you enjoy it.
If you’ve already ready, and you did enjoy it, this is my first and only annoying author plea to please consider leaving a rating someplace like Amazon or Goodreads. Even a review as simple as “I liked it!” goes a long way toward helping indie authors published by a small press like me. Thank you.
Now, let’s get to work.
- I completed the first 15k words of Steel Shadows!
- The Steel Blood blog tour was a huge success! If you missed any of the guest posts, excerpts, or interviews, I’ve added a page to my blog where you can find the full round-up of links.
- I did not manage to have a local launch party for this book (that’s the “sort of” caveat from above). My mother was out of the country for most of July, and my husband will be out of the country for most of August, and I’d be sad to not have either of them in attendance.
July Book Reviews
- Nevermore (Supernatural #1) by Keith R.A. DeCandido (4 stars)
- Dystopia Boy: The Unauthorized Files by Trevor D. Richardson (4 stars)
- Bone Key (Supernatural #3) by Keith R.A. DeCandido (5 stars)
- Hounds of the Underworld (Path of Ra #1) by Dan Rabarts & Lee Murray (5 stars)
- Wildfire (Hidden Legacy #3) by Ilona Andrews (5 stars)
July Speculative Chic Contributions
- My Favorite Things: Lying Cat, The King of Wakanda, Kick-Ass Theme Songs, and Sweeping Epics
- Sound Off! Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Roundtable: Finales that Fell Flat
- My Favorite Things with J.L. Gribble
- Not Your High School Romeo & Juliet Homework: Announcing Steel Blood
- Sound Off! Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
This month, we celebrated our one-year anniversary at Speculative Chic! Don’t forget that this cool blog features a lot more than the movie reviews and commentary that I link to here. There are also book and video game reviews, a cool monthly column on the history of feminist science-fiction, and much more. For a taste, just search for the #OneChicYear on your social media of choice and check what our columnists shared on for our anniversary celebration.
- Write the next 15k words for Steel Shadows, bringing my total to 30k words.
- Attend Confluence in Pittsburgh.
- Build my Saturn V LEGO set while my husband is away. 🙂
- Organize and promote a fun contest to celebrate Steel Blood‘s one-month birthday! (If you didn’t think I was a huge nerd before, you’ll definitely know I’m one when you see what I have planned.)
Currently reading: Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural #4) by Keith R.A. DeCandido
Currently writing: 15,035/30k words