This month I traveled to Delaware, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. I also attended three weddings in three weekends. Frankly, the fact that I managed to do anything during my “free time” besides curl up in a little ball and watch Netflix is pretty impressive.
- I wrote 15k words instead of 20k words, but I’m wrapping up the month at a solid 40k for book 4. I’m almost halfway through the book, lengthwise. I’m not quite that far through my outline, story-wise. Geep! I foresee lots of cutting in my future, especially the passages where Toria gets especially rambly about multiverse theory.
- This month’s book reviews:
- This month’s convention reports:
- And finally: husband acquired! He is officially home from school, where he graduated with honors. It’s so nice that life is getting back to normal around here.
- I’m not officially participating in NaNoWriMo this year because it didn’t seem fair to disappear on said husband for a month just as he’s getting home. The compromise is 30k words on book 4, which is much more manageable. I’ll still be attending the write-ins with my awesome local NaNoWriMo crew.
- I got lots of reading done on my travels last month, so I’m now 13 books behind on writing book reviews. I have this crazy idea that I’m going to prewrite a lot of them today and tomorrow. We’ll see how that works out.
- Only one convention on the slate this month, but I’m looking forward to my first appearance at ChessieCon in Baltimore the weekend after Thanksgiving.
- My cousin is getting married in the Caribbean, so I’ll be disappearing for a few days to celebrate with her. It’s a nice excuse for a vacation with my husband now that he’s home.
I’m kind of happy that this destination wedding is the last trip I have planned for quite a while. Winter is the time to hang out at home with my cats. I’m not even going anywhere for the holidays this year!
How’s the fall shaping up for the rest of you? Who’s participating in NaNoWriMo, and what are you working on? Keep me posted!