Remember how we all hoped that 2022 would be more chill than 2020/21? Yeah, that was hilarious. I’m side-eyeing a lot of what’s going on in the world right now, along with some people’s reactions to it. But all I can really do is focus on making the world a better place in my small corner of it. This means taking care of myself and spreading joy where I can, even in the small form of book reviews (and memes).
Last month, I did finally get to attend my first in-person convention in 2 years. As I suspected it would, that did a lot for my mental health as it relates to my writing. Is everything back to normal? No, but I’m not sure that my old “normal” was necessarily sustainable. I’m only competing with myself, after all, and it’s certainly not some sort of zero-sum game.
I’ve got lots to look forward to in the rest of 2022, but let’s focus on one month at a time. So, what’s up with March?
- Did I get any writing done in February? Nope. But I have already written a bit over 1k words since the beginning of March, which is more than the last 3 months combined, so I’m not going to feel too bad about it.
- I had a great time at Farpoint 2022. Check out my con report!
- Finally, I had an amazing long weekend spending time with some of my Atlanta crew who came to visit. During their stay, we concocted plans for future adventures that I’m already excited about.
- I have started writing again–FINALLY–but we’re not going to go crazy with the expectations. I’m shooting for 10k words this month.
- No travels planned for this month, but you’ll be able to catch me live online! Join me for a panel discussion on March 16 about The Expanse with Russ’s Rockin’ Rollercoaster podcast (registration is free).
In Case You Missed It
On the Website
- Shades of Lust (Carnal Tower #1) by E.M. Lindsey (5*)
- Texas Detour by Kelly Fox (5*)
- Shades of Winter (For Everything a Season #1) by E.M. Lindsey (5*)
- Winter of the Owl (Seasons of the Lukoi #1) by Iris Foxglove (4.5*)
- Les’s Bar Series by Jodi Payne & B.A. Tortuga (5*)
- Just Dex (#1)
- Hide Bound (#2)
- Mountain Topped by K.M. Neuhold & Mia Monroe (5*)
- Spring of the Wolf (Seasons of the Lukoi #2) by Iris Foxglove (5*)
- Extradition (Mobsters + Billionaires #1) by Kelly Fox (5*)
- Finding Finn (Forever Love #2) by Charlie Novak (5*)
- Spires Series by Alexis Hall (4-5*)
- Glitterland (#1)
- Waiting for the Flood (#2)
- For Real (#3)
- Devil’s Dance (Rebel Kings MC #1) by Garrett Leigh (5*)
- A Matter of Fact (Two Truths and a Lie #3) by Kate Hawthorne (4.5*)