Either way, I now have a giant TARDIS of my very own.
- I completed my enormous editing job! The book was amazing, and I can’t wait to share it with the world when my friend releases her debut novel.
- I only managed a bit of work on revisions to Steel Shadows, but my production schedule has shifted this year, so I’m not stressed too much about that.
- I did complete my initial research for the as-yet-untitled book 6 and did some preliminary brainstorming. I’m excited to sink my teeth into that project once Steel Shadows is off to my editor.
- The annual pilgrimage to
HogwartsIn Your Write Mind’s annual writer’s conference was an absolute blast. You can find the full story of the giant TARDIS in my con report.
- Reading advance copies of novels by authors I adore is the best part of my job, and I’m excited to share Sally Malcolm’s Perfect Day with you soon!
June Book Reviews
- Syzygy by J.K. Ullrich (4.5 stars)
- Invincible (Volumes 4-6) by Robert Kirkman & Ryan Ottley (3-4 stars)
- “The Battersea Barricades” (A Chronicles of St. Mary’s Short) by Jodi Taylor (5 stars)
- “Wild Type” by J.K. Ullrich (4 stars)
- “The Unexpected Infatuation” by Sara Dobie Bauer (4 stars)
- A Wind in the Door (Time Quintet #2) by Madeleine L’Engle (4 stars)
- Dead Indian Wars (Damnation #2) by Clark Casey (3 stars)
- “CTRL Me” by Anna Zabo (5 stars)
- The Boogeyman’s Intern by Matt Betts (4 stars)
June Speculative Chic Contributions
- Complete revisions to Steel Shadows and send it off to my editor!
- Complete first draft of book 6 and get it reviewed by other writers/editors. This one is going to get complicated, I think, so I’d rather have my outline solid BEFORE I start writing.
- At the end of this month, I’ll be in Pittsburgh for Confluence 2018 (July 27-29)!
- Even though I’ve held gorgeous copies of Steel Time in my hands, the book isn’t officially out yet. Time to start working on a book launch party for September and additional online promo.
There’s got to be something I’m missing. Luckily, you’re reading this blog post in the present, but I’m writing it in the past, so if I remember something, I’ll just rewind the clock and add it in.
I’m going to need more coffee if I’m going to start courting paradox.